The Lublin Social Committee to Aid Ukraine was established on the 24th of February, 2022. It is a cross-sectoral group of volunteers who are ready to help those affected by the war in Ukraine. We help the refugees in Lublin and do everything we can to make them feel safe and well looked-after.
The Committee was established just five hours after the war had broken out and has been providing support to the refugees from Ukraine. Moreover, it has been coordinating the collaboration of the non-governmental organisations, as well as the City Council and the volunteers since the 24th of February, 2022. The leaders of the Lublin Social Committee to Aid Ukraine are the Homo Faber Association, the Borderland Spiritual Culture Foundation and the Rule of Law Institute Foundation.
We are a social movement which supports the state aid system. We are planning activities in close collaboration with the authorities of the City of Lublin and provide help to groups and individuals, but also to the volunteers and those of you who help the refugees every day.
What do we do?
- We run a multilingual hotline for the refugees and an information desk;
- We closely collaborate with the Lublin City Council and contact with the Lubelskie Province Governor’s Office;
- We collect data about the needs of the Ukrainian refugees in Lublin and about the available resources so that the refugees’ needs can be met successfully;
- We provide legal aid and psychological support to the refugees and the volunteers;
- We assist the families in living, social and medical matters;
- We take care of those who live in hostels, night shelters and private houses;
- We provide food and food products;
- We teach Polish and Ukrainian;
- We coordinate the establishments which are responsible for looking after the children of the refugees;
- We offer oral and written translations into Ukrainian, Russian and English to those in need;
- We have established a library with Ukrainian book collections, we have given books in the Ukrainian language to accommodation points, schools and public libraries;
- We help the refugees get in touch with private people and institutions that offer free accommodation;
- We organise transport of people and material assistance; Ukraine is provided with humanitarian aid by Poland, sister cities and international humanitarian organisations;
- We create texts, publications, guides, leaflets and advertising materials;
- We prepare and disseminate information;
Who collaborates in the Lublin Social Committee to Aid Ukraine?
- the Homo Faber Association
- the Borderland Spiritual Culture Foundation
- the Rule of Law Institute Foundation.
- the Polish Scouting and Guiding Association
- the Plast National Scout Organization of Ukraine
- the Foundation for the Development of Central and Eastern Europe
- the Lublin City Council
- the Centre for Culture (thank you for your hospitality)
- the Crisis Intervention Centre
- the Municipal Centre for Family Assistance
- the Polish Red Cross
- the Council of the Bar